The Grand Canyon





What a great trip. Most people (and I am also guilty) just go to the Canyon and see how amazing it is, turn around and leave. After all, once you've seen it, it's just a big hole in the ground. Well not so here my friends! We were blessed to have 2 days at the Grand Canyon with Grandma too, and take it all in. We hiked the rim, visited shops, galleries, Forest Service interpretive center, and had a great Bible study. I was able to get some information from a creation scientist, Tom Vail, that was loaded with scientific facts about the Grand Canyon in support of the flood theory. He wrote a book called The Grand Canyon, A Different View (it was at our library). It's outstanding and I would recommend it to anyone interested. Aside from all the great scientific facts that are pointed out, I was really struck by the fact that the Canyon isn't really a result of God's creation, rather, a result of his wrath on the earth from man's sin (the great flood of Noah). God really does make beauty from ashes. My mom and I also espcially enjoyed the Kolb Gallery...a neat art gallery that also played a documentary on the Kolb brothers. They had established a mule train service down the Canyon coupled with scenic photography. It was a great picture of history from the 1920s. Have I made you want to go now?

<< Home