Saturday, August 04, 2007

School Days






Ah yes that time again....and as you can see I have 3 anxious students just begging for the three R's. Well I must say, after much hard work and planning I am finally ready. This year I am most excited about our history program. We are studying with Mystery of History for the second year. Last year we covered creation to the birth of Christ. This year we will cover the birth of Christ to somewhere around the 15oo's. It is such a great program because it covers Biblical history alongside world history. We learned so much about the nation of Israel last year. I am excited to learn about church history this year...as well as vikings, castles, King Arthur and the likes. We are also studying biology, which should provide fun and activities. And, well, yes...there's math, pre-algebra, grammar, spelling, reading, and creative writing too...but let's face it...it won't be as exciting as the rest. Unless...my three wonderkids amaze me once again. Perhaps they will learn to love learning. Most importantly, over all this stuff, may they learn to love and follow our Lord Jesus with all their hearts. Enjoy your day, and enjoy the journey!